Games for Young Minds
Games for Young Minds aims to help parents and children learn to love math through the power of play, using board games, puzzles, and other activities that you can try at home. Each week, math teacher Kent Haines shares a game or activity you can play with your child, along with some suggestions for how to start conversations about the mathematical ideas and strategies that they may encounter naturally in these games.
You can sign up for their free weekly newsletter (opens new window), or browse the archive of game recommendations, including explanations of the math behind each activity. Here are a few places to start, featuring new ways to enjoy games that your family might already be familiar with:
- SET: The Family Game of Visual Perception (opens new window)
- Guess Who? (opens new window)
- Tenzi: A Fast Paced Dice Game (opens new window)
- Connect 4: Add to 10 Variation (opens new window)
- Ultimate Tic Tac Toe (opens new window)