At this year’s National Math Festival, a new activity room dedicated to playing and sharing your favorite mathy board games will be available to attendees of all ages to take a game break with friends and family. Learn more below!
By Kirsten Bohl, Outreach Producer
Mathematical Sciences Research Institute
Join us at the 2019 National Math Festival for a chance to “show and play” your favorite math-related board games. Haven’t got a favorite to bring? No worries! Instead, discover someone else’s and play along…
I’m very curious to see what mathy board games you will bring to the Festival to share!
Seeking mathy board game inspiration? Here are some of our favorites from our More Math! resource list:
- Games for Young Minds, a weekly newsletter featuring new ways to explore your favorite board games
- How to solve a Rubik’s Cube (via Think Maths)
- Santorini (created by 2017 Festival presenter Gord Hamilton)
- ThinkFun’s award-winning board games, plus the online Math Dice Daily Challenge (via 2019 Festival presenter ThinkFun Games)
- Tiny Polka Dot and Prime Climb (created by 2017 Festival presenter Math for Love)