Come to the movies! Your hosts at the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Film Room will be mathematicians from around the country, sharing short, creative math films throughout the Festival day.
These short film clip presentations will range from the physics of football, to the math behind movie animation, to a chance to meet winning filmmakers from the National Science Foundation-sponsored “We Are Mathematics” contest. Check out individual listings for more details. Age ranges vary by listing. Bring your questions and your curiosity!
Sneak Peek: Film Room Events at the 2019 Festival
- “Navajo Math Circles” and Other MSRI Films
- “Chasing Patterns” Short Film Screening
- NOVA: Prediction by the Numbers
- NSF We Are Mathematics Contest Winners: Short Fil Debuts
- Dr. Joseph Teran: Movie Animation in “Moana” and “Frozen”
- Dr. Holly Kreiger: The Mathematical Games of Numberphile
- John Urschel: The Physics of Football